7/03/2013

Park #2 Animal Kingdom

 



Beautiful sunshiny day

Lots of people ready to have a good time, and then our plans didn't go....as planned

Not even into the park yet, Gideon got stung 3 times!  Twice on his stomache and once on his finger because the bee was under his shirt and he was pulling at his shirt to get it out.  We couldn't remember if he'd been stung so we decided to split up.  The Disney officials walked us into the park so I could take him to the first aid station, and Ryan took the girls to get our fast passes.  I took the map and he took the backpack.  Well it only took a few minutes so we went to meet up with Ryan and the girls at Dinoland.

We sat on a bench at the entrance and waited.  waited some more.  and more.  It was hot, we didn't have any snacks or money, because that was all in the backpack.  So of course when I tried to call there was NO SIGNAL!  We couldn't even text.  Poor Gideon was watching all of the rides and wanted to go on them but I wouldn't let us leave the bench.  We tried to look for them after a while, but didn't want to go far.  Of course, I was getting nervous because I didn't know how we were going to find them since the phone didn't work and I had nothing with me.  Finally I told Gideon I had to use the restroom so we went to find one and that's where we saw the others.  Ryan said when they couldn't find us he knew eventually I would end up at the bathroom.  Smart man!  Of course HE took the girls on a ride two times while Gideon and I sat waiting!  he claims it was because he was hoping to get a signal if he got up higher.  hmmmm

But we had a great day after that, though I was NOT willing to separate without a VERY spacific meeting spot after that.  Lesson learned!  This was a dinosaur ride like the dumbo ride, that Sydney litterally rode I think 6 times.  She loved it, there wasn't ever a wait, and the other kid rides around she was too small for so she just kept riding that while the other two went on another ride.


We went on a dinosaur ride that had paintings and fossils up on the wall while you were walking in line.  That ride ended up being scary though because it was in the dark a lot and pitched you around.  Sydney was not a fan of that one.




No comments: