3/17/2010

Flying w/ Friends

About a week ago, right after my birthday, I was able to go flying with a few of my friends, Josh and Josh. We left Wichita and flew down to Ponca City, OK, where we parked by the runway and went out to dinner at Enrique's, a Mexican restaurant there. It was great fun and I learned a lot about the controls of an aircraft. Did you know that in small plains, they actually have an airbag built into the seatbelt by the door???? Really, airbags in planes? Don't you just count yourself dead if you crash?Above is a picture of the control panels. Below is just getting ready to enter the clouds and the last look at the sun before we go up.
Below, we just broke through the clouds and they were spectacular looking. Notice the rainbow in the first one in a circle, it was cool.

Below is our landing descent into Ponca City where we just had a great dinner w/ lots of stories and fun! Hope I get to do it again some time.

No comments: