5/23/2013

DISNEY WORLD DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY!I made these hats as a surprise for the kids.  I haven't shown them to them yet.  I'm trying to decide if I'll keep it as a surprise and give it to them when we get there or give it to them when we leave.  Ryan thinks I should give them to them to wear the last day of school, as they will get off of the bus, then get in the van and off we go!

Well, I chose to give them to them in the morning.  Conveniantly the kids told me that it was also hat day at school if they brought .50 so they could wear them all day!  I also have a Mickey mouse ball cap that Gideon has worn several times and he said he wanted to wear that one to school =(  No appreciation for my hard work!  oh well

They all fit though.  HURRAY

good morning Disney day mickey pancakes of course

These are some of our travel activities we're taking (beside bookoos of movies and electronics stuff).  I have several board games printed off and laminated and we're using magnet pieces attached to the back of the playing pieces to hold them onto a thin cookie sheet so the game pieces don't get dropped, you can pass them back and forth, and dice is in a small see through Tupperware so you can shake it in there.  Thank you Pinterest for these ideas!
Also I put the alphabet letters on the paper towel rolls and have stickers that I wrote the letters on and they have to match them up.  It's laminated so I thought the older kids could also use it to keep track of their letter when playing the alphabet game driving around and then reuse them next time they play.
Lastly, Isabelle's teacher said that pipe cleaners are a great activity in the car for kids to be really creative with and it's quiet!  As long as Gideon doesn't make a sword and poke his sisters I think it will work well =)
So we're off, and we'll have ubbers of pictures from Florida soon.  Probably not until we come back though


No comments: