5/13/2009

Florence Lodging

OK, this was one of the best highlights of our entire trip. In Florence, we booked a room at an old castle that had been converted into a B&B. You can see part of the castle in the center of the picture and it wraps around behind the trees and goes to the other side. It is basically a U shape. The building on the right was added on later.
On of the things that we were most excited about was that the B&B was up on a hill overlooking the city. You could see part of Florence from where we were, but not all of it. We were perfectly fine with that because we had spectacular views of the surrounding hills and countryside. Below is the picture out one of our windows from our room. You can see the house on the next hill and the olive grove in between us and the house.
Also, our room had a nook in it where you could sit. There were windows on 3 sides of the nook so you got a panoramic view of the countryside. This was one of the best things during our whole trip. Leann and I sat in there and read and played cards and just looked at the beautiful Tuscan scenery. We are in love with Tuscany. It is easy to see why people would move there, and I can't say that I haven't thought about it. I have more thought though, what would I do when I got there??? I don't speak Italian so I can't live there and work a full time job. It just isn't possible.....is it?

This is the main entrance where you go to check in. There was seating there just to enjoy the view within the B&B. We loved the building and all the awe it brought to us just being able to stay here.
After a while enjoying the area and the rooms we got, we decided it was time to head out and see what the rest of Florence had to offer, even though we didn't need it to thrill us much as we had already got our expectations fully met. We opted for a photo opp. with the creepy Italian trees down the lane leading away from the B&B. What memories we will have for years to come.

1 comment:

Carrie M said...

You guys have no idea how beyond jelouse I am of you. What an incredible opportunity! It is so beautiful there. Someday I will go, I will!..someday. Love ya both!