9/01/2012

Isa turns 8

Thank you to everyone who showered our daughter with money cards for her birthday.  She made $36!  she did chose something to buy with the money, the snorkel set I mentioned in an earlier post, but she wants to put the rest into her bank account.  That's my little saver!  =)

 She got a unicorn dream lite, which she really wanted!  I gave her a music box, snow globe that I got for my 16th birthday from my parents.  It plays "The Rose" and it's beautiful.  I knew she would like it.  Now her nighttime routine is winding up her music box and turning on her dream lite each night before she crawls into bed.
 This was her main present, which she didn't ask for, but when her knees were practically rubbing her stomach on her old bike, we knew it was time.
 Cousin Alyssa had given her a couple of stuffed animal unicorns for her birthday, so she promptly put those in the little bag on the front to take them for a ride.

 Isa helped me make her birthday cake, chocolate sheet cake, then I drew on a unicorn for her.  Of course then my sophisticated cake was changed as soon as she wanted to help decorate.  she chose to open a fun dip and pour it on the corners and draw a heart on the bottom.  Well, I suppose an 8 year old will love that!
 Then from the best pen pal ever, miss Violet Kronewitter!  she sent a cute little shoe that she drew a heart on, which isabelle promptly clipped onto her backpack for school.  Also a cool oregon pen that has the boat on the top that floate when you tilt it.  And what party is complete without Hello Kitty stickers!


2 comments:

The Moores said...

Happy birthday, Isa! From people in Idaho you've never met, we love you!

TLKOREGON said...

Violet was thrilled to have a shout out in your blog! And then added...when can I see Isabelle again. My sentiments exactly. Love you!