9/06/2012

Losing a first tooth

After a day and a half of drama the first tooth is gone.  Ryan kept getting him to wiggle it 10 times, or wiggle until it cracks one loud time, etc.  Gideon cried a lot b/c he was scared but we kept asking if it was hurting and he'd say no.  he wanted it out, but was scared of it happening. 

Not that you can tell but that tooth is gone.  he grew a shark tooth just like Isabelle did.  It was half way grown before he told us it was there!  he'd just been to the dentist the month before so that tooth snuck in quickly.

At one point, Ryan told him to just pull it out and Gideon said he couldn't because he was afraid he would burp.  Ryan told him if he pulled it out he would be allowed to burp and not get in trouble.  Gideon asked if he could burp loudly.  Yes.  With my mouth open?!  Yes!  He still didn't pull it out, but he sure gave it a good try after that conversation!

Lost tooth.  Daddy was the one in the end who got the honors.  In the morning when I woke him for school he looked at me and jumped up to look under his pillow and almost cried when there was nothing there.  I told him to check the floor b/c he probably knocked it off.  Then he started to cry b/c his tooth was in the bag as he'd requested from the tooth fairy (to show his friends at school) but no money.  I told him to check the floor again b/c it WAS there.  He picked up his dollar and smiled a little, then sighed and said he'd been hoping for a $5.  Seriously?!  I told him I'd start ripping my own teeth out for 5's

No comments: